Friday, November 02, 2012

The Rest of July 2012

Thanks in July
Tierra put on a Family Home Evening in July, guided by some helps from her Primary teacher.  At the end, we all drew what we were thankful for.  It was really special to see what each of the girls chose to include.  I was especially impressed by all of the amazing details in Sariah's drawings.



Auntie Celestia and Uncle Fatih bought some goats.  They let the girls come over and pet and feed them.  The kids all really enjoyed it, but especially Callie!!  She was so excited to feed them by herself!!  She kept getting more and more and more grass to feed them.  She was adorable!




All 6 of our girls had a wonderful time dressing up and attending our friend, Renee's birthday "Tea Party."  They loved all the creative foods, fun games, and take home surprises, including their very own teacups and a glittery temporary arm art (even Callie, and Riana even got to help apply them.)  They loved each giving Renee a little something in a cute little box.  We had a great afternoon!
 
We had a pretty big day, one Sunday in July.  Riana was called as the Beehive President (so she leads the girls who are 12-13, helps plan the activities, and helps to unite the girls.)  The same day, Callie became old enough for Nursery!!!  I was having a hard time sitting through my adult classes with her, as you can probably tell by these pictures.  I had to give her a cup of grapes just to get her to stand still enough to snap a picture.  (She did super awesome for the first couple of weeks and then realized that it was permanent... and was no longer so excited about it.  However, she is now doing better now that they have permanent leaders in there.  I'm sure that she will do was better once church isn't during nap time also, since half the Sundays, she is asleep in my arms.)




Somehow I lucked out and was served breakfast in bed twice, in July, for no reason!!  The first time my girls did it all by themselves!  And the second time, was by my sweet hubby!  Thanks to my girls and to Grant!  :)


 
The girls created some contests for their dolls, and even made them some little ribbons.  They also had fun taking pictures of them in various poses.
 We discovered in July that is seems we have a couple of girls who are allergic (or just extremely sensitive) to mosquito bites.  Both Karina and Sariah have always had extreme reactions to bites but it seems to be getting worse.  Sariah's leg swelled up a ton after she was bitten 2-3 times.  And after this picture, Karina's bite actually got worse!  Her eyes were almost swollen shut.  We took her to the Doctor and they even worried that it might be a spider bite... on her face!!  They were talking about how the tissue can die, if it is a spider bite.  It was scary!  I was so thankful that it just turned out to be an allergy.


One day in July, my friend Jen invited us to lunch at a local restaurant with 99 cent kids day.  It was great food at a great price, enjoyed with great friends!!  :)  Afterwards, we decided to go for a walk to the park... however it turned out to be a safari through a jungle!  We were expecting a cleared trail but it was very overgrown.  Most of the kids were really good sports about the whole thing.  Jen was sweet enough to carry Callie the whole way so that I could carry Rori, who was not too happy about the whole thing.  On the plus side, while we were in there, we found tons of red huckleberry bushes.  Jen was so excited (she is better at appreciating these kinds of things, as she didn't grow up here-- I think I take them for granted) that the next day her and I went back and picked berries and made a batch of the yummiest jam!!  She also looked up and found out that red huckleberries can be substituted into a rhubarb recipe and so she made some amazing muffins (which she generously shared with us), as well!  What a fun adventure!!  :)



More random pictures--
1) Sariah's fishy, which she has had for about 6 years, passed away in July.  It lived a pretty long life, for a goldfish, however she was still very sad.  Her sisters did a really good job of comforting her though.  It was so sweet!  :)
2) Callie snuggling with Daddy
3) Real cherry earrings




4-5) Grant and the girls popping some popcorn on the barbeque- they loved watching it!  So fun!
6) Grant at work- isn't he adorable?!?!  :)

 7-8) Our toilet flusher broke on two different toilets.  And I replaced them!!  I was so proud of myself!!  :)
9) Our new soccer night lights!  They are so cute!!


10) I totally Sariah that she could have one bite!!  What was I thinking??
11) Calyssa excited for some ice cream-- celebrating at Grandma and Grandpa's house after a soccer game.
12) Calyssa making cute faces!  :) 

13) Sariah found a peach with an "S" on it.
14) Miss Artist Sariah turned her breakfast into a Panda Pancake. Cute!
15) Playing music on glass jars filled with water= fun times!



 Lots of artists in our family...  16) Sariah's beautiful girl, 17) Tierra's beautiful girl, 18) Karina's beautiful girl, 19) Aurora's beautiful girl, 20) Aurora's cute pictures (although one got a little smeared with water... bummer!  But it was still cute.)  21) Riana made this bookmark... so awesome!!
 





22) Here we are eating at the Ward Picnic.  All 6 girls right in a row, and even in age order.  Grant couldn't make it and we were super late... but we made it!  So many people commented on their good behavior and that they looked so cute all in a row... and it really cheered me up after a stressful morning.  I love our ward!!

23) Lastly, in July, I kept having this feeling that I was going to be called into the new Relief Society Presidency.  I kept pushing that thought out of my mind, reminding myself that I had only been in Young Women's for less than a year (and was in Primary, only a year ago.)  Well, sure enough.  Bishop called me into his office and asked me to serve as the 1st Counselor in the Relief Society.  Even with those thoughts, it still came as a real shock to me.  Of course I accepted, even though I felt very intimated by the thought.  I have always been in Young Women's or Primary and have hardly even attended Relief Sociey much.  It has always been a little bit intimidating, as I didn't think I had much to teach others.  I was super sad to leave Young Women's.  It is such an incredible bunch of girls and leaders and I am in love with every single one of them.  I knew I would miss working with them.  However, I was excited for the chance to learn a lot in Relief Society... and I definitely have.  Nancy, Judy, and Jo are incredible women and thank goodness they are at a different stage of life than me and are able to do the Ward Council meetings and things like that.  I had the chance to teach one Sunday right away and though it has always scared me, I actually had a lot of fun and it wasn't really that different than teaching Young Womens.  (Plus the topic was all about learning from our trials, which I feel passionately about right now.)  Here is the hand out I gave out with candy rocks.  (I was also able to use them in my lesson a few weeks later when I substituted in Riana's primary class.)

No comments: