Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A House Overrun by Girls= A Trip to Cabela's for Daddy

It was very hot so Sariah's slumber party began with a water balloon fight!!  Followed by Pizza!!  Here is the little girl's table and the big girl's table.
After dinner, the girl's all went crazy dancing, singing to some music, and turning into monkeys (Tia climbing the wall)!!  LOL!   Then they calmed down a bit to watch a Disney Channel Special.  Count em-- 1, 2, 3... that's right 19 girls in one house!!! (including me, who is not pictured here.)

So you can probably understand why Grant stole Aurora's new buddy, the first male he saw, his brother-in-law Tito, to make a trip to Cabela's.  Aurora, who hasn't seen Uncle "Chew" in a while, absolutely fell in love with him and wanted him to hold her.  She loved to touch his goatee.  He even fed her and changed her!  What a great uncle!
Sariah chose a "High School Musical" theme for her party.  Luckily, we found a cute cake that she loved.  She also chose some cute decorations, as well.  And even a cute birthday girl microphone, for her to wear.
She also received many wonderful gifts from her friends and family.  She was very happy!  Even though it was the summertime, she was lucky enough to have all of her best friends there (even the ones who live in Kansas!) and even most of her girl cousins.  Here is a picture of Grant and my girls and his sister and Tito's girls.  They also have all girls.  It is so much fun!  Picture to the right-- Top row (l to r)-- cousin Paige,  friend Aimee, friend Lilly, friend Autumn, sister Riana, friend Trieste, bottom row-- cousin Kaiti, sister Karina, friend Devyn, birthday girl Sariah, cousin Kaatlin, cousin Laurel, sister Tierra, standing-- cousin Alexis holding sister Aurora. 
Right before bed, the girls played Princess Yahtzee, which Sariah received for her birthday and used the quick dry nail polish for manicures, that Daddy so thoughtfully bought for the sleepover.  Then I made them all get in bed and supervised until they were all fast asleep around midnight.  In the morning, we had a yummy breakfast, which one of the girls who did not sleepover returned for.  I thought that was neat.  So even though our house was overrun by girls, I am happy to report that we survived and even had fun!!  ;) 

10 comments:

Mike and Julina said...

What a blast for all those girls!

Megan and Jeremy said...

WOW what a party! You are awesome Angela for having so many kids in your house :) I'm glad you all had a blast together.

Congrats to Sariah for being baptized, what a special time for her and your whole family!

Brianna said...

Wow, you have been busy, both with activities and also with updating your blog! :) I need to do that too! Take care. Oh, I love your new family pictures.

Celeste said...

It was fun to remember all the FUN we had!! THANKS!!!!!!!!!! I love your new family pic too. You especially look awesome!

sherrie said...

lots of girls but ya gotta love it! looks like a great party.

RR said...

Angela,
I love your school idea. I always wanted to be move involved but I didn't think I could do homeschooling. I was like how would I ever do all those science projects they do at public school but you get the best of both!!

Angela said...

dear mommy this is riana i love you and i think your the best mom a kid could ever have

to the best mom in the world you rock love riana :)

Heather said...

I can't imagine a house full of that many girls! What a blast. Hope you are all doing well.

Ali said...

Holy Cow! Did anyone sleep at all that night? I've never seen such a big slumber party.

Angela said...

Ali, it isn't as bad as it seems. Yes, there were 19, however, we always have 6 girls in our home, plus 5 in Celeste family were visiting. 3 of my neices and Autumn did not spend the night. So we really only had 4 extra girls. Also, I have really strict rules for bedtime. I make them all get in bed by midnight and then they can only whisper. I stay downstairs until everyone is asleep, both times we have had a slumber party, they were all asleep by 12:30 pm.