We finally had Aurora's birthday party in July (two months after her birthday). I let my perfectionist ideas overwhelm me and finally decided that if I didn't let go of the idea of the perfect party, it may never happen at all (since I was still feeling sick.) We pretty much threw it together at the last minute. We had the party over at Grandma and Grandpa's house. We ate a simple dinner of challupies (glorified nachos) and watermelon. Besides our little family, we invited cousins, aunts, uncles, and of course, Grandma and Grandpa. We used princess decor, particularly Princess Aurora/Sleeping Beauty, which I already had and had been saving for her birthday. We had two cakes (and some ice cream), one which the girls were super excited to help me decorate, and one which I thought looked similar to the cake the fairies made on Sleeping Beauty, just not so many layers (my brother Tom made it, because of his allergies, and it was super yummy!) Our Princess Aurora loved blowing out the candles and opening the presents (I think most kids finally get how to do that by age 2)! I think her favorite gift was her very first barbie, a princess Belle, who can sing! (She absolutely loves stealing her sisters' barbies that can sing and memorizing the songs that go along with each barbie. Now she runs around with her own barbie and only steals theirs once in a while. LOL!) I made sure and had some one take a few pictures of me and Princess Aurora, since I am usually the picture taker and not in many. It was a simple yet wonderful birthday party and I'm glad we had it! Thanks to everyone for coming and the wonderful gifts. Better late than never, right?? :)
2 comments:
That's an impressive perfect princess cake.
What a fun party for Princess Rori! :)
Post a Comment