Grant's birthday and Father's Day are about a week apart, so we get to spoil him a lot in the month of June. For Father's Day, he requested a smoothie and a bagel with strawberry cream cheese, for breakfast. Calyssa wore her "Daddy and me" onesie. :) For lunch, Grant wanted cheesy hot dogs, his favorite! And so I barbecued! I barely even know how but I did it!! Only for my man! The girls were so excited to give him the gift they made in Primary- Thomas Kemper root beers (they actually wanted Dad's Root Beer but couldn't find any) with a note that said, "You're the best Pop ever" and cards shaped like white dress shirts with whatever tie they chose. (Grant actually isn't a big pop drinker, and he got 4 of them, so he shared with me- I'm not a big pop drinker either but Thomas Kemper is my favorite root beer. Yum!) For dessert, I made homemade cheesecakes for Grant and my Dad. They both loved them!
For Grant's birthday, I made him a Strawberry Shake for breakfast (he had recently had braces put on.) Then we ran off to play practice, where I made sure everyone sang to him, so he was sufficiently embarrassed. Since it was the last Saturday before our big trip, after play practice we headed over to the Toyota dealership, as a family, to get the oil changed. While they changed our oil, we went on a walk, hoping to find lunch. Unforunately, the Subway we walked to was closed. We couldn't find anything! So we ended up going to a gas station and letting the kids each pick out a few items. Then we walked back and ate our snacks. The kids thought it was a great adventure! But we were still pretty hungry, so we headed to the Ram for an early dinner. Grant chose the ginormous burger to share with me. I was so thirsty from our long walk that I drank a ton of water and lemonade and didn't have much room for dinner, but what I had was yummy! Grant just brought home the leftovers for lunch the next day. It was a fun day!



