Friday, February 17, 2012

An Early Valentine's Day and Love at First Bite

  
  

Grant brought us an early Valentine's Day, since he was leaving for Georgia.  (His company had their National Meeting in Georgia the week of Valentine's Day.  We were kind of bummed but thankful to have such an amazing job, at the same time.  He left a few days early to go visit his brother in North Carolina, since his airfare was covered by the company.  Then Jeremy drove him to his meeting in Georgia.  I was glad he had some time with Jeremy, who he doesn't get to see very often.  They had a really nice visit.  Grant enjoyed shooting some archery with Jeremy and was even able to go to work with Jeremy, where he works at one of the Facebook headquarters.  He was very impressed with the impressive work Jeremy did there.  Grant also enjoyed visiting with Jeremy's girlfriend, Elizabeth and her daughters, Holly and Taylor.  Taylor loves Paris and the Eiffel Tower, just like Riana.)  It was fun to get an early Valentine's Day because it was totally unexpected!  We awoke to all kinds of surprises!  I thought the roses he bought were gorgeous and enjoyed practicing my photography skills on them.

In addition to the roses, he bought a huge balloon, with monkeys on it.  (A few of the girls even had their monkey pajamas on.)  The balloon had 7 hearts on top-- he told me the bigger heart was for me and the smaller hearts were for each of the girls.  They loved making it sing, "I Got You Babe!"  He also bought me a cute card, a box of chocolates, and filled my heart bear with a sweet surprise.  And he bought me my favorite treat, which I don't ever buy because I know my weakness... donuts (especially bismarcks) from Safeway.

I snuck love notes into his suitcases to find on his trip!  Then we talked and texted, and even skyped (which was amazing that he could skype on his IPOD touch, we've never done that before,) while he was gone.  When he got home, we were going to go on a date to see a romantic movie, however I wanted to go try out indoor soccer with him instead.  He absolutely loved that idea!  It was so much fun!!  I totally loved playing indoor soccer with him and our good friends, Jen and Jason!!  (And a bunch of hispanic guys in their twenties... LOL!  They are really nice though!  We are making it a weekly tradition!  It is the perfect date night- fun exercise and really close to our house.)  Then, the next night, we went to our Ward Sweetheart's Auction/Dinner (with fake money), just the two of us, and that was nice too!

Sariah was really excited to make chocolate chip pancakes, all by herself.  The girls loved their special cards from Daddy and their own box of candy.  Calyssa especially loved shaking hers!
LOVE AT FIRST BITE!!
Actual Valentine's Day fell on a Tuesday.  I didn't really have time to make a special breakfast for the girls, who I was sending out the door to school with Vanessa (except Karina who was feeling a little under the weather.)  However, my sweet friend, Rachel, showed up at the with treats for us.  Her 3 year old son, Chase, was with her.  When Aurora woke up, I told her that there was a special treat for her in the 'fridge that Chase had brought her to steal her heart away from Caleb.  She looked at me with a look of puzzlement, then she ran to the 'fridge, pulled out the treat, and smiled from ear to ear.  Feeling bad for joking around, I told her that I was only kidding and that Chase and his Mommy had brought them for our whole family.  (Somehow, it stuck!  Because the next day, we were driving near Chase's house and I said, "there is where Chase lives" and Aurora said, "I am going to marry him!"  All her sisters said, "What?!?"  For days they asked again and again and she said she was going to marry Chase.  They also asked who Caleb would marry and Aurora said, "Kara O!" who is Aurora's friend and is a senior in high school.  LOL!  At least these pairing are age appropriate.  And I guess the way to Aurora's heart is through her stomach.  LOL!  I didn't figure it would happen this quick, but I guess it is time to write Caleb a "Dear John.")

For lunch, I cut the girls' sandwiches into hearts.  And for dinner, I let them pick what restaurant they wanted to go to, since we are at dance all night on Tuesdays.  They picked McDonalds, because it had Build-A-Bear toys.


1- I decided to make heart braids in the girls' hair for church on Sunday and a couple on Valentine's Day.  I have never done it before, but it wasn't too hard once I figured it out.  It can sometimes get overwhelming because I have 6 girls' hair to fix, plus my own.  But it was special and they loved it!
2- This is what my roses looked like on Valentine's Day.  Here is what I wrote on my Facebook that day, "Never has a half eaten box of chocolates, an opened card, and wilting roses meant so much to me... Thanks for leaving me an early Valentine's Day so that I could feel loved while you were gone, Grant!! Miss you like crazy! Can't wait to see you soon!!"
3-6- Here is the sweet card that the girls worked very hard to make for me, so that my actual Valentine's Day would be special, while my honey was gone.  Very thoughtful!!  I loved it!




 4- We found this adorable box of chocolates at the store, so we bought it for Mrs. H, our home room teacher at ORLA.  The girls had fun giving it to her.
5- Tierra brought home two of every Valentine and every candy that her friends gave her, so that she could give 1 of each to Karina, so she wouldn't miss out when she was sick.  So thoughtful!
6-9- They had a little Valentine's party at our school on Wednesday and the girls had the chance to make some yummy cookies.  I was in the car with sick Rori, however they brought us some yummy cookies too!  So sweet!