Calyssa does the cutest things with her hands, while she's sleeping!! So sweet!

She is constantly trying to put her fingers, thumbs, fist... or both... into her mouth, unless her pacifier is already in there. She also puts her toys, blankets, etc. in her mouth. (Check out that last picture... she is really trying to fit her whole hand in there!) I think it soothes her. I'm pretty sure she has acid reflux.
Calyssa is also always grabbing her ears and has been doing so her whole life! (If it wouldn't have been her whole life, I would've had them checked for an ear infection.) In fact, she has scratched her ears several times because she is always grabbing at them.
Calyssa is full of smiles!! She is always flashing smiles at us and we absolutely love it! Many times, she has made my day with her smiles! However, like her older sister, Aurora, she doesn't like to perform on command, so we don't have many pictures of it. The middle picture was taken right after she laughed for the first time!! She and I were home alone and I said, "Boingee, boingee, boo... I love you!" as I tickled her and she started laughing! It was absolutely adorable! Best sound in the world!!! We have found that she is extremely ticklish!! Especially under her chin and on her sides! So fun! We also love it when she coos and squeals in delight! Or when she blows raspberries! (She has also found her feet and loves to grab her toes, as she is doing in the last picture- which also contains her very first toy, a soccer rattle, of course!)
In fact, she is getting really good at grabbing lots of different things. She loves to grab and bat at the the toys on her swing and her bouncer chair. It is so cute when she is focusing really hard and oh, so determined!
Here are the many faces of Queen Calyssa! She already has such a fun personality!! We sure love her! Also, she rolled over from her tummy to her back for the first time, this week!! :) And when we lean her against something, like a pillow, she tries so hard to sit up... she wants to sit up really bad.
Calyssa sleeps like an angel!! She has slept through the night, pretty much since birth! (What a blessing that has been!) She looks so sweet when she is asleep, that I can't help but take a picture!
We love Calyssa and are so thankful to have her in our family!! :)
PS- Due to my surgery, I have lost 7 pounds in the last 2 weeks (not fun! I will post more about that later.) However on the up side of it, I have lost 40 pounds in 4 months, since being pregnant with her! :)






2 comments:
Oh man I love her in that robe! Adorable! She's holding her head up so well!
I love those pictures of her hands. I'm glad that you have been able to enjoy her so much that you can notice those sweet little details.
Post a Comment