Sunday, October 24, 2010

End of the Year Dance Performances- May/June 2010

We are blessed to have a dance studio in our area who upholds high standards- in costumes and moves.  When I was younger, I wasn't allowed to be in dance because the options weren't "virtuous, lovely, or of good report."  (Think a 7 year old acting and dressing like Brittany Spears.)  Now, I completely understand why, and feel very blessed to be able to take my children to a studio where high standards are upheld.  Also, the prices are very reasonable and there is absolutely no pressure.  Everyone gets to dance at the performances.  It is all about fun!  :)

We also feel lucky to have some of their cousins in dance with them: Karina and Laurel, Tierra and Seth (it was especially cute to watch them dance as partners, even though Seth wasn't too keen on the "Gitchi, gitchi goo means that I love you" part), Riana and Kaatlin, Nathanael in an all boys class, and Sariah with an almost cousin, Sarah (she is my brother, Dan's neice.  My brother Chris actually has a neice, Naomi, in Riana's class, also.)

Riana, Sariah, Tierra, and Karina are in clogging classes.  We sure enjoy watching them grow as dancers and get better and better.  Riana even attended a dance workshop and also danced in a high school invitational with 5 other girls in her studio.  Aurora is excited to join in, and I'm sure she will continue to dance along in the audience until she gets potty-trained (our family rule.)  Although, she did get to dance on stage at the June recital, when all 5 girls and I danced in the family dance, to the song, "We are Family."  She knew quite a lot of the moves and danced at every practice.  However, she was a little shy at the actual recital.  We had a lot of fun though!  :)

It was another fun year of dance.  (Most of these pictures are from May and June 2010, with a few of Sariah from August 2010.  Although I plan to post more pictures from the summer performances later.)