Sunday, September 23, 2007

Monson Family Reunion




































My Mom's side of the family gets together once a year for a Family Reunion. There is about 100 of us. This year, my uncle Wayne's family was in charge. They did an excellent job! The theme was Lewis and Clark and they planned all kinds of fun activities. Here are some of the pictures from our trip.
1. Riana with a huge Indian headress.
2-5. Pictures from "Fear Factor"-- each team had to eat a cow tongue (it actually tasted like roast beef), move some kind of fish or intestines or something with our mouth from plate to plate, then two members had to throw worms with their toes out of a small pool and the other two had to count them. Everything was quite safe or I wouldn't have done it. I'm pretty fearful. I have to say, it was all pretty disgusting but surprisingly fun!
6. Innocent Bystanders
7-8. Pictures from my skit about my Grandma when she was a school girl and how her and her friends begged the teacher to do a fun subject instead of a tough one and ended up spending the day on their knees.
9. Riana as Judy Garland, in her skit, about when my Grandma saw Judy Garland at a Skating Rink and wondered what all the fuss was about-- LOL!
10-14. Pictures from my team during "The Amazing Race"-- we had to shoot a cork gun, shoot a bow and arrow, guess the length of the river and a tree, carve a zuccini into a boat and float it down the river, figure out a really tough code that Lewis and Clark used, build a Tepee, and fill a bucket with water from a river soaked shirt.
15. Singing Karoke with my Mom and Sisters-- we were singing "In My Daughters Eyes." I told them that that was a bad idea. (see me crying)
16-18. The Monson Family Pow Wow- Complete with a Queen (my Grandma) and Princesses (two of my aunts)
19. The charm necklaces-- each of brought a charm representing our family. We brought a dolphin because Grant and I fulfilled my dream of swimming with dolphins, this year.
20. All of my immediate family that was at the Reunion.
I had a really fun time but I think the best part of all was having my little brother Tommy ride with me both ways. Since Grant and Sariah didn't come, he came to help out with my kids. I enjoyed talking to him so much and getting closer to him. It was really neat and a memory I will always treasure.

2 comments:

Summer, Glen & Ginger said...

That is so neat what your family does. I was telling Liz that my family has never had a family reunion. We don't know anyone on my dad's side and my mom's side....well,..I guess we try to get together at weddings and funerals. Looks like you guys had alot of fun!

Elizabeth C said...

This was a lot of fun! I am going to have to steal some of these pictures to print!!