Monday, May 06, 2013
Road Trip 2013- Day 1 & 2- WA/OR/ID/UT
On the first day of our long road trip, we drove with my sister, Liz, and her 5 kids. The kids took turns riding in different cars. I did too. I rode the first few hours with her and set up her new DVD players for the kids to watch a movie. (The kids all wanted to ride in our van because we have a DVD player, so Liz stopped and bought a DVD player set before we left town.) They worked great! About halfway, we all stopped a grabbed a bite to eat at Dairy Queen and even grabbed some ice cream, as well! Riana's chocolate pretzel blizzard was exploding out the top!! Yummy!! :) In Oregon, we saw snow and I took a picture because I thought that would be the only snow we would see on our trip... boy, was I wrong!! :)
That night, we stopped at Liz and Mark's house for the night. They girls loved spending time with their cousins, even though they had been over visiting for the week previous. They especially loved baby Hazel. (Riana took this picture of the two of them with her phone.) Aurora and Kate snuggled together and Tierra, Karina, and Rachel did too. How fun!
The next day, we woke up and loaded the van. Then we visited a bit and were on the road again. It was one of our longer driving days. But we had lots of fun. Besides watching DVDs on our trip, we also played all kinds of games that we had played on our Nauvoo trip like the counting cow game. Both sides of the car were neck and neck with only a minute to go and then we spotted all these cows on our side of the car... and we won!!! ;) We also colored and drew pictures. Sariah drew this Ariel for Calyssa or Rachel... I can't remember.
That night, we arrived in West Jordan to visit with our friends, Tim and Wendy, and their 3 kids, who were all asleep when we got there late. (We immediately noticed the gorgeous view from their house... I can't believe I forgot to take a picture... so unlike me... LOL!) We were excited to see our old friends and to catch up with them. However, since it was late, we went straight to bed. Calyssa had a difficult time falling asleep, something that never happens with her, since she is a crib sleeper. It was rough until about 1 am, when she finally fell asleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
you are really brave to take car vacations. I'm pretty sure our family would not all arrive at the destination...most would leave the car in favor of finding an airport!
These are such precious pictures with us and you guys. Love that we got to spend some time with you guys! I Loved having you ride in my car on the way over too and stopping at DQ with you guys. FUN. Love that Riana took that pic herself. So cute!
Post a Comment