Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The Rest of April 2012


1) Aurora singing on the "stage," pretending to be Taylor Swift, while we watched the Taylor Swift Concert movie.
2) Riana couldn't believe what she found at the store!!  She chose this material from the Fabric store, over a year ago, to make matching pajamas for herself and her American Doll and was surprised to see that a manufacturer chose the same material for a doll.  Crazy!  Looks like she has good taste!!  :)
3) A fun treat for the first week of public school... Push-Pop Popsicles!  Yummy!


4) Aurora is so naturally graceful!  She just made this pose herself!  Beautiful!
5) Riana loved learning all about making/decorating cupcakes at Young Womens.  So fun!
6) Callie snuggling Brookie!!  Awww!!



7-8) Callie watching a movie with her Daddy.
9) She sure loves her Daddy!

10-11) Play-dates with one of her besties, Brynnie!!
12) Aurora making another cute pose!

13) Karina helping Calyssa with her shoes.  Calyssa is blessed to have so many big sisters that love to help her-- that girl has 5 extra Mommies!
14-15) Looking at the pretty rainbow at Yiya!



16-18) There is nothing sexier than A MAN MY MAN in the kitchen!!  ;)  Grant had a lot of fun cooking for the Priesthood Cook-off, this year!  He made an amazing pasta salad (which he won 2nd place in salads with!!) and a Banana Cream Pie.  I totally forgot to take pictures of the final product... I guess I must've been distracted by that cutie in the kitchen!  :)  Grant was on the winning team again, as the High Priests won!  Don't quote me on this, but I believe it was the first time they have won, at least since we have lived here, and it was Grant's first year as a High Priest.  Pretty lucky!

19) With the left over crusts, I made some cheesecakes.




20-23) I had the privilege of attending my sister-in-law, Shannon's (Brian's wife), baby shower for her baby boy.  I had so much fun shopping for baby boy clothes!  I can't wait to meet their little cutie!!  Grant's sister, Jill, and her daughter, Kaiti, were also there.  We had an enjoyable and relaxing time afterwards, just talking and laughing with some of Shannon's friends and family.






24-33) As a Young Women's Group, we went indoor rock climbing.  I have to admit that I was a little intimated because the only time I have tried this before, I only made it halfway up the wall.  This time I asked for lots of advice so my arms didn't tire out like before.  There are definitely much better ways to do this!  It really helped!  I did it!!  I climbed all the way up and was so super excited!!  Jaycie, Savannah, and Riana were little monkeys!!  They made it look so easy!!  They each zipped up wall after wall after wall!!  But I was also very proud of Morgan, Christian, and Brooke because they did not give up!!  They tried and didn't succeed at first.  But then tried again and made it all the way up!!  It was super awesome!!  Even leaders Becca J and Bev F climbed!  We also appreciated the help of Teresa H, Bishop H, and the workers for working the ropes.   Even Lisa D. showed up late to hang out with us.  We had a great time and I think we all left feeling on top of the world!!  :)

No comments: