Thursday, March 12, 2009

You Need to Watch This Clip!

This month, I was told by a couple of friends that there were a few attempted kidnappings in our home district. Scary! I don't know all the details but I know no children were actually taken. I also know it involved a "kidnapper van" aka a big white van with the word "flowers" or something on the side. That said, my sister-in-law sent me this video from 20/20's "What Would You Do" series. I watched it through and then watched it with my kids. It brought up a lot of really interesting points, that I had never thought of, and I was able to talk to them about it. It is definitely worth your time.

A Young Girl in Danger
http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=6901608

3 comments:

Elizabeth C said...

Ughh, I totally balled watching this. I can't believe that people would do that to children. It scares me to death. I have to show this video to my children and my husband. I'm glad that you did. People really need to be aware. Especially of the line, "Adults SHOULD NOT ask CHILDREN for help, they should ask ADULTS for help." Even that, you should be careful and not go alone with someone. WHat a scary world we live in.

Elizabeth C said...

I used to think that I might be a little paranoid worrying about this kind of a thing, but after watching this, I don't think so anymore. I think that I'd rather be too safe, and precautious than have something like that happen to one of my children.

Jen Hakes said...

This brought tears to my eyes too. I wanted to jump into the screen and beat the crap out of the actors. We own and watch a fantastic dvd called "The Safe Side, Stranger Safety". You should check it out and watch it over and over again. Go to the safeside.com