
I have always loved Costco Muffins! They are so yummy! I have never even thought twice about eating them, until this week... Grant went to a business Costco recently. They have some really fun things there, including, of course, Costco Muffins. The ones at that store were especially neat because they were individually wrapped. I was thinking how amazing they were, until my innocent, enjoyment of Costco Muffins was brought to a screeching halt!!!! I read the label!
1 Apple Crumb Muffin- 920 calories!! 41 grams of fat
1 Coffee Cake Muffin- 740 calories!! 31 grams of fat
1 Chocolate Muffin- 690 calories!! 41 grams of fat
1 Blueberry Muffin- 610 calories!! 32 grams of fat
1 Poppyseed Muffin- 672 calories!! 38 grams of fat
I seriously thought, "Eww, gross!" I'm not sure I can ever enjoy one quite the same way again. And I won't be buying any for quite some time. WOW! So sad! PS- You can eat over half a box of Girl Scout cookies for the same as 1 Apple Crumb Muffin!
8 comments:
A few years ago I wondered how many calories were in these muffins and the didn't put a label on it back then so I called Costco headquarters and found out. I was mad!!! and disgusted. I was counting calories back then too. I've only eaten 1/4 of one twice now since finding out. I used to eat a whole Apple Crumb...my FAVORITE and of coarse the highest calorie one. I've never bought one since then. When I called I had just finished eating a whole one...I thought "OH MY GOSH... never again. SO SAD!!! Why, oh why can't they taste so good and only be 100 calories....(sniff sniff)
yeah, I found this out when I worked in a bakery. I loved when people would come to the donut case and be like " I'm going with the "healthier" muffin." Umm...I think a donut is actually healthier. Scary huh!!
That is just gross. I'm actually glad we aren't doing wheat anymore because there is no temptation of Costco muffins now.
But when I did eat them, I would eat 1/4 of one.
I would only go back for fourths if I was pregnant... or really, really hungry.
i share in your sadness. i honestly think that anyone who buys the big packs of jumbo muffins at Costco doesn't know how unhealthy they are! the worst is when someone brings them to work and i feel really tempted to eat one anyway.
Oh Boy! when you compare them to the girl scout cookies that really puts it into perspective!
I heard they had a lot of calories, but that is a ton! They are so not worth that many calories. Thanks, Angela I think you might have saved me gaining 10 pounds.
Why have I known that since like High School? I don't know. Yah, those are craziness. I always eat, at the most 1/2 of one...if that. Not that we ever buy those from Costco though, so I don't have to worry about it. I can't imagine having to try to eat those all with our little family. For one thing, my kids would probably prefer to live on them only until they were gone!
Yeah, don't share that! ;) I won't tell you what's in a slice of their cheese pizza...sometimes you just need to enjoy.
Post a Comment