Friday, March 20, 2009

I Don't Believe in Coincidences

I never watch the news but for some reason, last night I did. On the news, I saw something that I really needed to see. A woman, who I could very much relate to, left her kids in her running car, for literally a few seconds, to run and do something. During that few seconds, her car and kids were taken. Miraculously, she got her children back about an hour or so later. However, it was a huge wake-up call that I really needed. I haven't ever left them in a running car in the grocery store parking lot but I have left them in a running car in my driveway or someone else's. In fact, I am sad to admit that I do it more often then I should.

Because I don't believe in coincidences, I will take this little experience as a little tender mercy from God. Like the woman said, "Learn from my mistake." I definitely won't be doing that ever again!! (In addition, apparently it is against the law anyway.)

Here is an article about it, including a video of the tearful mother. It is just under 2 minutes long.

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_031909WAB_mother-kidnapped-kids-mistake-JM.4f52b078.html?rss

3 comments:

Elizabeth C said...

Oh my!! That is scary!! I'm glad that she got her children back. It makes you really stop and think about what something that seems to innocent could lead to.

A Forever Family said...

You know I think we are all guilty of leaving our kids in the car at times. But we can't beat ourselves up about the past. I was the queen are leaving my kids in the car when I ran into the bank back in Oregon, it was a simple 3 minute transaction, but still unsafe...but obviously I was clueless. Until one morning the day after Thanksgiving I wanted to go out shopping and I did as much as I could before my husband had to go the school, but there was still one more store that i just HAD to go too.......... so what did I do? Left the kids in the car for a simple transaction that took 3mintues. I came out and this lady was placing here stuff i the car next to me, and she came onver and said somthing that really woke me up. She said, "You wouldn't leave 50$ laying around in your car would you? Than you probably shouldn't leave your kids either!" It shocked me cuz I never really thought about it but now when my kids say "We'll stay in the car mom, you go..." I have to say sorry it's against the law here in Nebraska. =) (But obviously in Oregon too..... but boy things in the past you just can't beat yourself up about. Just move and and Smile knowing that we KNOW better now, right?

A Forever Family said...

sorry lots of errors in the message above, I forgot to proof read before I posted. =)