Friday, December 12, 2008

The Many Faces of Aurora
































Today, my sweet little baby turns 7 months old! It is sad how fast she is growing up! It's funny how with my first few kids, I was so excited to see the next phase-- excited for crawling, excited for walking, talking, etc. With these last ones, it makes me sad when they start a new phase or learn something new and grow up. I am going to be sad when I don't have babies around anymore. (Even though I'm sure I will be glad when they can all dress themselves, no more carseats, no more diapers, etc.)
Enough of the sob story, Aurora has been busy learning new things. She no longer sleeps through the night. :( Thanks to a combination of needing lots of solids (she has tried rice cereal, green beans, peas, sweet potatoes, and applesauce), sickness, and teething (with nothing to show for it, so far. Although, you can probably tell from the pictures above.) I am happy to say that her first word was "Mama," which I captured on video, the very first time she said it!!! :) Tierra is the only other girl who said "Mama" first. The other girls said "Dada." Aurora sits up all the time now. She never actually rolled over from her back to her stomach. Oh well. The other incredibly cute thing she does is hold her hands out to me a little, when I walk by. I can't help but pick her up when she does that. When she looks at me with her sweet little eyes and holds her hands like that, I can't help it! She is such a sweet, sweet baby.
(Lily Photography is my sister's new business, that she just started.)

8 comments:

Mike and Julina said...

I love that you posted so many pictures of her. She is such a beautiful baby girl! I could eat her up. Seriously. I can't believe she is already 7 months old. Just remember that talk about how someday you will miss all the mess and I think diapers are included in that.

christine said...

that santa one rocks.

A Forever Family said...

Can you believe these babies....they are growing just way too fast. Wow it is so funny that there is still such a difference in boys and girls at such young ages. Your sweet little one talks, and mine is crawling so fast it's hard to catch up with him. He definately helps me get in my workout for the day. Oh and about our family Christmas Picture I did actually set the timer mode and jumped in. Eric had a football and threw it to get Monety to look up just before that h the camera took. It was a team effort but it worked. I didn't know your sister was a Photographer? Where did she go to school? That picture looks really cute.

Elizabeth C said...

Very Cute!! Love that little cutie!!

Anna said...

what a sweet baby! i hope she starts sleeping through the night for you again soon!

i don't know how you do it with all your girls, but you are an amaszing mom!

Ryan and Leah said...

OH what a cutie! I know how you feel! With the girls I was so excited when they started crawling and walking and now with the boys I just don't want them to get big. They are starting to walk and it is sad for me! You have such a cute little family!

Celeste said...

Awesome - sitting up! That's the stage where I start really liking babies! I love how you thrill in all the "firsts" and other cute things babies do. Hmmm - I just thought of something....our new one & Aurora will be 7ish months apart....all I need now is to adopt a girl around Karina's age and we're set!

Megan and Jeremy said...

She's a doll Angela! How sweet she reaches out for you! I don't see how you could resist holding her :)