I want to share a few funny/cute stories of things that my girls have said lately.
1) My girls tend to watch the same movies over and over. Occasionally, I will make them watch something I pick. Well, I put on "Finding Nemo." It was probably the first time Tierra and Karina have watched it, or at least that they remember. (Also we now have 4 goldfish.) After the movie was over, Tierra came up to me and said, "Mommy, I think we should give our fishies back to their families." What a sweet thing to say!!
2) Tierra and Karina love to be just like their big sisters and because of this, they love "High School Musical." They know who the characters are and even a bit of the songs. They run around dancing and singing to them. But my favorite is when Karina comes up to me and says, "Bop, bop, bop to the top, Mama."
3) Usually when I go to my OB appts., Grant stops by and watches the girls in the car for me. Well, he wasn't able to make it this month and so I had to bring the girls with me. After we heard the baby's heartbeat, the doctor simply said, "That was your baby sister's heartbeat." And that was all that we mentioned to the girls. When we got into the car and I was buckling Karina up, she said to me, "Mommy, your baby go- Swoosh, swoosh, swoosh." I was totally shocked that she realized that sound was the baby. How cute!
4) Very few material possessions mean anything to me. But, the only piece of jewelry I wear, my wedding ring, means a lot to me. So I always panic when it goes missing. I took it off and put it on my nightstand to bathe our girls and when I came back, it was gone. (Then we all went out to see Grant's new work car.) When we came back, I checked all around the nightstand and I couldn't find it. So I asked my girls, "Where is my ring? Did one of you take it?" Karina simply said, "Daddy have it." I thought, what does a 2 year old know. So I kept looking everywhere. Then I decided to bribe the girls with 15 jelly beans for whoever found it. Again Karina said, "Daddy have it. In Daddy's car." So I asked Grant if he had my ring. He said no, he didn't. I said "maybe Karina took it out to your new car or maybe dropped it outside the car." So Grant went outside and I watched him search through his car and all around the ground outside for it. Then I asked Karina again, "Did you take Mommy's ring?" She said, "Daddy have it." I asked Grant again, "Are you sure you don't have my ring? I seriously need to know. I am getting worried." Anyway, the next day went by and I figured that when I cleaned up the Little People city on Tierra and Karina's floor, that I would find my ring. Maybe even in the little Daddy's car or something. The next day, I went to Relief Society Stake Enrichment. That night, Grant said, "Ang, I found your ring." I asked him where it was and he chuckled and said that he had it all along. That stinker!! I asked him how Karina knew and he said it was very baffling to him! He had taken my ring off my nightstand and put it on his finger (where I guess, Karina had seen it.) Then when we all went out to his car, he put it on his keychain (apparently Karina saw him do that too.) Then that morning when I left, he put all the kids in the car and went up to Tacoma to a jewelry store to get my center diamond resized (as an early 10th anniversary present--since we will have a brand new baby for our anniversary.) Then in the evening, when he went to the movies with Mark, they drove up to Tacoma and picked it up. I guess I should have listened to my 2 year old, instead of trusting my husband!! LOL!!! I do think it was really sweet of him and I love the new look to my ring. :)
4 comments:
i love the finding nemo one. that is so cute. i feel the same way, give the fishies back to their families. ;) good job grant for keeping that secret and driving you crazy at the same time, i think a lot of men would've folded.
What cute things they say :) That is pretty observant for a 2 year old!!!
Now that Hyrum is talking like crazy I have been trying to jot down in a notebook whenever he says something super cute or smart or just something I want to remember.
My favorite is the Nemo story too. :)
I think that is the funniest thing ever that she was right! What a sneaky guy!!
Post a Comment