On our last day, we slept in until 9:30 am. Then we took a extended golf cart, to check out of our hotel. And we even got to see what a pretty hotel it was. (We had a parking lot view and so we didn’t know it was pretty.) Next, we met Grant’s Grandma and his Aunt Lynn, who were so wonderful driving 1 ½ to visit with us. They waited while it took forever for us to check-in to our airlines, at the hotel. Then we all went over to one of the hotel restaurants, the Maya Grill/Pepper Market, for lunch. She wanted to pay for us, however, we still had 4 quick service meals left on our dining plan, so we bought lunch for everyone. It was really good! And it was wonderful visiting with them. We don’t get to see them very often because they live so far away. After they left, we finished our souvenir shopping. The clerks were hilarious, Grant was making bets (no money included) with them about how much I was going to spend. One clerk guessed exactly, to the penny, what I spent! It was so amazing!! I have never seen that done! We had a lot of fun with them. Then we left for the airport. While I was in the bathroom, Grant found yet another person to speak Spanish with. It was cool to hear him. Then because the airport was so huge, and we were on different flights, we kissed and went to our different security places and gates. I had yet another smooth flight, and felt Heavenly Father’s hand in my life, as I turned my thoughts to him and let him calm my fears. When we returned to my parent’s house, everyone was asleep except Karina and my Mom. Karina would not come to either me or Grant. She was mad! That was sad! But the next morning as our girls woke up, they got so excited and came over and gave us hugs and kisses!! Even Karina! Tierra had told my Mom while we were gone, “Mommy, Daddy, home, sleep own beds?” However, when we showed her the pictures, she realized where we were and grabbed my arm and said, “I go see Mickey and kiss dolphin!” She was very angry when I told we couldn’t go! I felt so bad! Then a week later, when I told the kids we were going to go over to Grandma’s house, Sariah said, “Mommy, where are you and Daddy going to wander off to this time?” LOL! They crack me up! I love my girls! And although I am glad that I was able to spend a special vacation with just Grant, I am so glad to be home, together as a whole family.
8 comments:
That is so cool that you got to see some of Grant's family while you were down there.
how much fun does that vacation look! that's awesome that you could get away from reality and have a bit of fun. i hate coming home from vacations and trying to adjust to the real world. i'm jealous you kissed a dolphin ;)
Angela, I just read your ENTIRE entries about your trip. What an AMAZING time you had!! You packed a lifetime of adventure into those 5 days! I loved reading your narrations and seeing the trip through your eyes, with words and pictures. Thank you so much for sharing--I loved every minute of it! :)
Angela, I haven't looked at your blog for awhile! Holy Cow, what a trip! I am so glad you decided to go, even though flying is scary. It seems we fly a lot but I never like it.
How amazing it would be to swim with dolphins and go to DisneyWorld!!!! I am glad you took so many pictures too, that will be a trip to always remember, and how fun that it was just you and Grant. Glad you had a good time!
What an amazing vacation! And I am sure that you are an even better mommy after having a break for a few days...sometimes we need that! I am trying to not be too jealous since I was in ugly Idaho studying for finals while you were in Florida swimming with the dolphins. So fun!!!
Good for you!! I haven't ever left my kids anywhere overnight yet so I understand the worries. When we move in July or August (Don't know where to yet) I will be asking my mom to watch them while we pack and clean but that is only a couple hours away. But I completly agree about Mom's needing a break every once in awhile.
AAAAAAAA!!! What an awesome trip! You two are soo stinkin' cute together! I'm inspired by your ability to enjoy yourself and trust that your babies would be OK! Way to go girlie!
Post a Comment