
This is a picture of my Mom and I during my 1st year at Ricks College-- March 1998.
One of my greatest blessings in life is the woman God gave me as my mother. My Mom has been one of my best friends my entire life. Even though she has struggled with health problems for a long time, she somehow managed to have 7 children (spanning 18 years) and raise us very well, along with my Dad. Every day I would come home and she would be there, cleaning, taking care of babies, or cooking (many times homemade bread.) She would listen to me as I told story after story after story about how my days went. She always listened to me (and still does-- she is still my favorite person to tell my stories to.) She was very understanding and supportive. (She always tried to go to my sporting events and concerts and such too.) When I went on dates or out with my friends, she was excited to hear how it went. And more importantly, all the nights when I sat at home alone on Friday or Saturday nights, she was there for me. She was/is the best girlfriend I have ever had (along with my sisters.)
My Mom is always giving of herself to others. She is the most selfless person I know!! She has given of her time and quite a bit of money (that she could've been buying things for herself with)to helpout her childen. She is so good at remembering every birthday and Christmas and she tries so very hard to be perfectly fair to everyone. She babysits my kids and her other grandchildren (she has 15 going on 16!) whenever she can. Even when she can't, she will somehow try to make it work or find another solution for you. I have one sister that works and my Mom cares for her two children quite often without pay. She practically raised my cousin's son (who is a single father) with little payment. She has happily watched my children several times overnight, once even for a week!! My girls love her so much! They have a special bond with her. Sometimes when we are over there, they would rather go to her then me. But that is okay! I love that!
My Mom has taught me so much about everything in life: being a Mom, service, the gospel of Jesus Christ, how to be musical, healthy eating, etc. She has come and helped me for a week or so after the birth of each of my 5 children. She has cared for my children while I was in the hospital. I have many fond memories of sitting around the piano singing or performing in church together. She also encouraged me to take piano lessons. She taught us to eat healthy-- fruits and/or veggies with every meal, whole wheat bread, etc. She has always tried so hard to have family home evening, family scripture study, made sure that we all went to church, etc. She taught me to have the highest standards-- no caffeine, no R rated movies, no T.V. on Sunday, no swearing, etc. My Dad once told me she was about as good as Mother Teresa. I would have to agree. Another thing, when I've had siblings that have gone astray, she has never given up on them! It amazed me! She loves them, prays for them, encourages them, but never gives up. How awesome! Also, I remember her bringing bread to the neighbors and helping us pick out the best loaf to give them. What a great example to me!
She is so incredible! I don't know what I did to deserve such a great Mom but I am so lucky to have her in my life! Mom, I love you so much! Thank you for everything!
4 comments:
This is such a wonderful tribute to your mother! How lucky you are!!
You are lucky indeed to have such an awesome mom!
Mom is fabulous I have to agree. I love all of the things that you said about her. I love that picture of you two together! Beautiful!!!
This picture is exactly how I remember you!
Post a Comment