Karina turned 3 yesterday! I can't believe she is already 3! Since Aurora was born, Karina has called herself a "big girl baby." That way, she can be a baby and do things like Aurora, like wearing diapers, sucking her thumb or pacifier, being held by Mommy or Daddy, being fed by Mommy or Daddy, etc. Or she can be a big girl and do things like Riana, Sariah, and Tierra. It is really cute and fits her well. She really is caught in between at the moment. Also, she is at that stage where she doesn't want a nap and it is just not worth the fight. So she tends to fall asleep sometime after 4 pm, usually at about 7 pm. Here she is asleep in Aurora's bouncer, asleep in timeout, and asleep when she decided to go potty. She will be in Sunbeams (3-4 year old church class) in a month and is my first child that I am not sure will be ready. Luckily, I am in Primary so she will probably go easier then to Nursery. However, all of her sisters were potty trained by Sunbeams and I am not sure she will be. Oh well though. She just barely makes it into Sunbeams, where her sister's birthdays are earlier in the year. I'm not too worried though, eventually she will get it. One of the things I love most about Karina is how much she loves to snuggle. She will sit on my lap for hours completely content. Also, her little mischievous smile is adorable but usually what follows it is not so much. ;) Some funny/cute things she has done lately: (If you can't tell, I absolutely love the way she talks and the names she comes up with for things.)
1. A few months ago, when I was still pregnant, we were at Babies R Us and I asked her if I could ride in the front of the cart instead of her. She said, "No." I asked, "Why not?" and she said, "No big buns in here." It was so funny!!!!
2. Also at Babies R Us, she was sitting on an Elmo Chair and Grant pressed the button to make it talk. She jumped straight out of the chair and said, "Crazy ELMO!!"
3. She calls all monkeys "Oooh ooh, aaah aahs" and all bears "Care Bears."
4. "Mommy, I yike my kirk" aka Mommy I like my skirt.
5. She calls "Star Wars", "The Chewbacca Show."
6. She points to the letter "K" and excitedly says "My name."
7. She absolutely loves "Toot Nacks" and "Wagle Bogles" aka fruit snacks and water bottles.
8. She loves to get "Piggy Rides" aka piggy-back rides.
9. She calls her cousin Kate, "Baby Cake."
10. Her favorite color is "yellow just like Grandma" and her favorite princess is Belle.
11. At Disneyland, she sadly said, "Belle and Jasmine am showing Mommy. Belle am showing her shoulders and Jasmine am showing her tummy. But Ariel not showing Mommy!" She was so proud of Ariel for wearing a full dress and not just her shells and fin.
12. Karina is a picky eater. Sometimes she only eats her vegetables and fruits and then asks for more. She absolutely loves all veggies and fruits!! Maybe not picky, maybe just a vegetarian. ;)
13. Even though she has done her fair share of making Aurora cry, she has made her laugh way more then anyone else.
14. When answering a question, she answers it "Yepey" or "Nopey." So cute!
15. Last but not least, ironically she says "I am not yiggle, I'm big!" (little) So funny!
We sure love Nina!! :)
1 comment:
Oh my goodness - what a sweet big girl baby! It was so fun to read about the things that she says. (I can't wait until Ruby can say adorable things like that!)
Post a Comment