Friday, February 28, 2014

In Love with Brothers

My Facebook Post from February-- So two of my girls are in love with these two brothers... they are great young men-- handsome, extremely talented, sweethearts, gentlemen, strong testimonies (one returned home from his 2 year mission in Finland just this week), raised by wonderful parents, with an amazing family... I could go on... there is only one problem. There is a bit of an age gap and I have this funny feeling that when my girls are ready to marry, these boys will already be married with a few kids... major bummer!! Hopefully, they always choose great young men like Caleb and Logan to be in love with!!
 
Aurora has had a crush on Caleb for a few years.  I seriously can't believe how long it has lasted.  When he left on his mission, she did have a few other little crushes, but they didn't last long and she was right back to Caleb.  He recently returned from his mission... she was so excited to see him.  She drew this picture of Caleb and her getting married.  The smaller girl is Caleb's friend, Lucrecia... interesting how Aurora drew herself the same size as Caleb.  She also made him a Valentine, since it was near Valentine's Day.  We all enjoyed catching up with Caleb.  (We brought some pizzas over and just all hung out, like the good ol' days!)

Somewhere along the lines, Callie decided that she too was in love... with Caleb's brother, Logan.  When she was 1 month old, we went up to Zarahemla together and Logan was in love with her.  He wanted to hold her the whole weekend.  They have been buddies ever since.  When she was tiny, we called her "Lyssa" and I love that "Logie" still calls her that.  It is so cute! One day, when he was over home teaching us, I asked if I could get a picture of them together.  Logan picked her up and without any prompting, she leaned over and kissed him on the cheek.  It was so adorable!  Luckily, I was able to get some pictures and capture the moment!  Aurora thought that it was such a good idea that when she saw Caleb she kissed him too... she still talks about the big secret of kissing Caleb and always follows it with, "But don't tell him!"  LOL!  :)
 
Their Mom, Vanessa, posted this comment, "Oh Ang.. You are so sweet to say all of those kind things. Your adorable girls have a special place in the hearts of all of our family. Caleb and Logan will be very lucky to find the kind of spouses that Aurora and Cali will some day be!! It's a darn shame it's not going to work out."
 
It's a bummer that there is such an age gap...  oh well, I'm sure they will all find wonderful spouses someday!  And for now, it is just cute!  :)

 

 

No comments: