The other day, Grant brought me home this cute, little, teddy bear, box of chocolates (and then I added a picture of a full open box as well, because mine is no longer full- LOL!) I opened my box of chocolates and right away noticed that there was no paper which explained what was in each chocolate. Oh, how I hate that!! I like to know exactly what I am going to get with each chocolate I bite into.
Well, I started thinking that this is much how I like my life to be, as well. I like to know exactly what I am about to "bite" into and so I can be well prepared. For example, if I am going on a trip, I like to know everything I can about the trip (how long is the drive, what the sleeping location is like, etc.) so I can pack/prepare well. Or if Grant is going somewhere during the week, even just to play basketball/soccer, I like to know well in advance, so I can mentally prepare how I will plan the meal or entertaining the children, while he is gone. I just really like to prepare for things in advance- cross my t's and dot my i's, so to speak. I'm sure it sounds silly, but it really helps me have a better time, less stress (If you are prepared, you shall not fear), when I have reasonable expectations in my head... when I get used to the idea.
Unforunately, sometimes in life, we get a box of chocolates with no explanation in it-- and you know how that goes, "you never know what you're gonna get!" I mean, let's face it, some things in life just get thrown at us. Nothing you can do will prepare you for it. When this happens, what do you do? ...Sometimes I panic! Or cry! Or try my best to have a good attitude and make the best of it! I always seem to survive somehow (of course, it sure helps to be living close to the Lord, who can help you through anything, and who is the only way through some things.)
In the end, if you think about it, no matter which one you bite into, every chocolate you eat will help you "grow"- in more than one way... LOL!! And every once in a while, you get a pleasant surprise, that you weren't expecting!

2 comments:
Ditto! I feel the same way in life, in fact I over prepare sometimes. I prepare so much that I actually cut into each chocolate with a knife just to see if I want to taste it or not. I completely relate to this post.
You'll get over it Angela! Just kidding...but seriously with 6 kids I'll bet it's getting easier and easier to deal with all kinds of surprises.
Post a Comment